Are you considering starting braces treatment to achieve a perfect smile? Orthodontic braces treatment are still to this day the most popular form of orthodontic treatment to straighten teeth, and at Newcastle Orthodontics, we’re experts in braces!
Braces are a tried and true method of correcting teeth crowding, closing gaps between teeth, and assisting to correct bite misalignment such as an overbite or underbite.
What are the benefits of braces?
There are countless benefits to starting orthodontic braces treatment! Here are 5 of the main benefits from Dr Wishney:
- Straighter teeth are easier to clean and maintain, clean teeth means better oral health and can reduce the risk of tooth decay and gum disease.
- A straighter, more appealing smile provided by braces can enhance your look and increase your self-confidence.
- Improve your ability to bite into and chew food. Remember, proper chewing of food is an important step in obtaining nutrients.
- Reduce the risk of crooked teeth being injured in accidents
- When teeth are misaligned, they are more prone to wear and tear, which over time can cause significant (and expensive!) damage. Bringing your teeth into correct alignment is the best way to prevent this from happening.
How long will orthodontic braces treatment take?
One of the most common questions we hear during our consultations is, “How long will braces treatment take”? This is a very valid question, however the answer varies from patient to patient. This is because the length of treatment is very dependent on the complexity of your orthodontic case. In simple terms, how much movement is required of your jaws and teeth in order for them to be in correct alignment. As braces treatment cannot be rushed, complex cases of crowding and jaw misalignment may take 24 months or more. Whereas more simple cases like closing small gaps in the teeth may only take 12 months.
Where to start orthodontic braces treatment in Newcastle?
Specialist treatment with braces is only possible through a specialist orthodontic practice. At Newcastle Orthodontics, our specialist orthodontist Dr Morgan Wishney has years of experience with braces, and has helped create hundreds of happy, local smiles in the Newcastle area.
You can request a consultation with Dr Wishney by booking online, or calling our practice on (02) 4942 3769. During your consultation, Dr Wishney will assess your teeth and discuss your concerns with your current smile. Dr Wishney will also provide you with clear advice on what the process to a straighter, more confident smile will look like at Newcastle Orthodontics.